Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bad-Side of a Good Boy

Written by JR Scott for Rasilliant Rhymes 2008

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
tell me what you see...
In weakness, I stand there helpless,
in all of my vulnerability.

I've always prided myself on playing by the rules.
Trying to finish with valor and secure my Godly jewels.
But playing by the book, hasn't gotten me far
So often feeling forsaken, my mind is infested with scars.

I see my reflection as I conduct an inspection,
but under close detection, I sense an insurresurrection
of the evil which was spawned during my mother's conception.
From these wicked thoughts, my soul needs protection.

My image threatened by a deep dark hole.
The bad now jeopardizes the well-standing of my soul.
I try to hide, but I cannot escape,
the feeling which bequeaths me and makes me so irate.

The veil between insanity and stability lies thin
I'm stable for now, but I soon may give in.
To the black, gruesome thoughts that tempt my waning mind.
Hatred and malice jeopardizing what used to be kind.

After considering all stakes, I'll let the good boy remain
Good works and deeds will my hands yet maintain.
But to those that would test me, please be alert:
In a second, into a hellion, I can easily revert.

No comments:

Post a Comment