Friday, June 5, 2009

Unrestrained Acceptance (A transparent plea for forgiveness)

If Christ is in us, why is it so hard for us to put on the attributes that characterized His life. In Romans Paul teaches us that it is no longer "us" that live, but God is now living through us. Tonite I feel particularly guilty and somber. I have no doubt that Christ is truly within me and He so free occupies my heart, mind, and time. But right now in this very hour my heart is subdued with a heaviness for all the wrong I've ever done to people, particularly non-believers who I was supposed to be a witness to. I'm at a point in my walk with God where I am truly over all the excuses. I'm ready to be even more like Christ, and if that going to take place, I need more of His love to envelope my heart. I get so tired of this era we are in. In my opinion, people are at an all-time high, in terms of seflishess. Everything is all about "I." "I don't play," "I keep it real," "I will tell you off." Where is meekness in telling someone off? Where is humility in "keeping it real" which is a silent license to blirt off the first thing that comes to mind? I mean seriously, in the New Testament Christ minimized the 10 commandments down to a few instructions and one was to love our neighbor as we love ourself, and that is honestly not taking place! We preach blessings, promises, prosperity, but in the words of the late Donnie Hathaway and living legend Roberta Flack, "Where is the Love?" I have attended church with people who FLAT OUT hate each other! No in-between, no veiled reservations, just flat-out HATRED! WHY GOD? I mean it's ridiculous...Then let us not forget the non-forgiving saints who are holding onto things from God knows when. Then instead of actually forgiving them, they say "I'll forgive them, but I won't forget." Oh my God, if God's mercy and grace were meted out to us in that same ration, we'd all be perished by now! I'm imploring each and everyone reading this to take time to do inventory and think about whether the fruit of the spirit is a TRUE part of your life or is it just another scripture committed to memory in vain, with no modern relevance. Ya'll, we really have to do better in loving each OTHER and carrying the legacy of our Father God (Jesus). Make HIS characteristics YOUR characteristics TODAY!

My Prayer: Lord it is my prayer that you would forgive me for flawed thinking, being manipulative, and operating in any other spirit that is unlike You. Please forgive me for not being the freely accepting, transparent, loving vessel you intended for me. Continue to bring out of me the attributes which you possessed when you walked here on Earth! Lord and I'm asking you to atone me for any word or deed done to any person that fell short of your Lordship. Continue to lead me down paths of righteousness for YOUR name sake! In Jesus' Name..Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment