Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The "Emotional" Man

So it is 2009, and it would seem fitting that we are part of an era where we can “keep it real” if you will… Permit me not to be cliché-ish, because I hate that phrase as much as the next person…It’s so vague, and what exactly is real anyway? A little too subjective for my liking. Anyhoo, back to the discussion at hand. Is an emotional man REALLY accepted or wanted? Now when I say emotional I mean one who goes a little above or beyond the usual emotionalism of a man. I can paint a clearer picture but if necessary I'll come back and do it for you, LOL! I hate generalizing and tend to avoid it at all costs, but I can’t count the amount of women that I’ve heard express the desire to land a man who is in touch with his sensitive side. What exactly is it in an emotional man that a woman longs for? Is it compassion—a deep desire to want to feel sensitivity oozing out from the male’s open heart? Or is it something more along the sexual? Perhaps, maybe a woman wants to feel a different aspect of sexual sensation rather than the incessant thrusts of male testosterone? Or could it even be mental? A vexed desire on behalf of the woman to see her man be stripped from dominance and lay vulnerable at the helm of her prowess. LOLOLOL! Ok I know I’m going to far, but who really knows? I will say this, however; once you entice the Emotional Man to appear from amongst his camouflage of communication breakdowns, evasiveness, and other non-verbal communication barriers, expect him to stay! I think many women rant on and on about wanting an emotional man, simply because they’ve never had that experience….God forbid if they get the experience, don’t like it, and like a bad nightmare, want it to go away! From my experience being a man, I will say this. Once a woman opens up a vulnerable part of a my heart, it is expected that I will always be able to show that woman that part of me. And from experience, if that security is threatened, it can cause a bruh to CUT UP! Remember ladies, once a man's manhood is threatened, in ANY facet, he is NOT going to act right! Now, that’s just my personal experience, so this isn’t 100% factual, I can only document on that which I have experienced myself. I guess where I’m going with this, is all my life I have always heard women defined as the more emotional being while us men are more physical. This is flawed teaching. Now, I will relent to the fact that women are more emotional then we are, but we still do have emotions. It took years of maturity before I could even admit that harbor some emotional scars. Does that make me less of a man? No. Even as a grown man, there are still some childhood experiences that to this day cause me to feel some kind of way! Unlike some men, I’ve learned balance. That which doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger right? So, I’m good. So ladies, before you bust the floodgates of heaven down praying for a man that is in touch with his emotions, proceed with caution. I’ve seen many chicks that have bitten off more than they could chew and ended up being married to a man that was by far more emotional than her! Opinions and feedback always encouraged! Let’s empower each other with knowledge, wisdom, and experience!

4 comments:

  1. There is so much that I could say, but to keep it brief... No one really knows what they want. After we get what we "want" we are more than likely to be disappointed by the lackluster facade of what we thought was an answered prayer! Halaylu? If I were to have a "want".. it would be that he knows who he is and is comfortable with being himself. Nothing wrong with showing some emotions to some degree...they just shouldn't wait until they get sick and then decide to start showing them traits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's something to think about....As a man, I can attest to the fact that it takes a while to be comfortable enough to show who you REALLY are deep down inside...I guess communication has a big part to do with it...Because if theres any fear of being judged or not accepted alot of men are going to clam up....Just hopefully that you are able to find that perfect balance you are looking for! Thanks for your Comment! I appreciate you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand about the time it takes to get comfortable to some degree. But if you just "do you" coming in the door...We can cut the chase and save everybody the time/drama! For the record... I'm not looking... but looking to be found...A man that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favor of the Lord! He better come n get his favor if he knows what's best for him! lol! Keep up the insightful bloggin!

    ReplyDelete