Thursday, June 4, 2009

True Love: Divine Entitlement? or Earned Priviledge?? (Ode to Mommy and Daddy's Big Day)

First off, I want to take time to bid my parents a Happy 33rd wedding anniversary! It is to this blessed and sacred union that I was birthed and have become the man that I am today! I love you Mom and Dad and I wish you 33 MORE years of blessed matrimony! My parents, who each had one prior unsucessful marriage both say it was their strong friendship, common family structure, and their maturity that has been the binding factor in their marriage. I've witnessed their valleys and low-points, but somehow they ALWAYS bounced back! In analyzing the completeness of my parent's union, I often wonder does fate divy out soulmates by an hidden incentive system or is everyone naturally entitled to find a true love??? Honestly, sometimes I believe that a person's divine call on their lives can be too much for some spouses to handle. But then again, it seems natural that everyone should be given the opportunity to be happy in matrimony. It's just all very taboo to me. On one hand, the divorce rates of this country speak for themself. It proves that either people just have bad choice in spouses or there are alot of selfish people out there. From my experience, I've seen alot of people go into marriage for the wrong reasons or some look to complete themself by finding a mate. I am a witness, that you can be a complete person without being married. Self-sufficiency is something that you have to attain before you enter a marriage. I say that because if you are not able to function on your own prior to marriage, once you tie the knot, you're always going to have your nose up your spouses's tail and that will get old after awhile! For me, divorce is not an option so once I get married, I have full intentions on staying married until "death do us part," like my vow states. But heck, doesn't everybody say that before marriage? I guess that's while I'm still single. Until I feel that I have 150% found the right one, and until I feel I have matured in some integral areas, ya boi will be chillin' single! What are your thoughts???????

No comments:

Post a Comment