Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Miraculous Meltdown

Meetings galore. Clothes need to be dropped off at the cleaners. Bills need to be calculated and paid in a timely fashion. I have decided to pick up a few hours of overtime at work this week. I have an impromptu meeting at church tomorrow. Kids need feeding. Etc etc etc.

*Screams*

Tell me, when does it all stop? DOES IT EVER STOP? Some say it never stops; however, I am the exception. When I can’t take anymore, I must summons the driver of this train called life to let me off in order to reassemble myself. Yes, I said reassemble. After sooooo much being on the go, I started to feel like I wasn’t even a real person anymore, but more like a machine. Then on top of that, I still had to exert what mental power is left to figure life's emotional & mental areas that need to be tended.

Maybe I am weak or maybe I’m one of the individuals who is bold enough to actually relent and say “I can’t take it anymore.” For months, I felt like I was becoming consumed to the point where I actually feel I couldn’t even help anyone. It is a scary feeling to feel that way.

So, I have done just that. I've taken a BREAK from it all. My mind has rested. I can actually think and be creative again. I can actually sleep at night without my mind working trying to figure out the issues of life.

I want to know what is your breaking point? Do you just go, go, go until you faint for exhaustion? How do you renew yourself? What drains you more physical activity or emotional conflict?

1 comment:

  1. Ok... If I didn't know any better... I'd think this was about me! Just had one of these meltdowns.. BUT GOD...Emotional conflict is more draining by far.. you can attack my body, but leave my mind be! I'm learning to steal away even if it's only for 15 mins. Peace coupled with Wisdom just can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete